Norfolk, Part II

July 13, 2012

Today, I’m continuing my pictorial tour of our recent trip to Norfolk.  If you missed Part I, not to worry.

Next on our to-do list…

3. Go to Salthouse Beach.  Buy a really good Americano from the man with an espresso machine in his van (seriously). Sit on the pebble beach.  Realize your lifelong dream of finding an unbroken dried starfish.  Watch your child play.  Shed a little tear (really) at how completely and utterly blessed and loved you feel in this moment.

4. Drive to Holkham.  Walk to the beach that Gwyneth Paltrow strolled along in the final scene of Shakespeare in Love. Play in the sand.  Take a family photo.

Sometimes there’s so much to do, that going somewhere with no wifi and really bad mobile phone service is the only thing that can make you stop and remember that this – this – is your life.

Your husband.

Your son.

Staying up late watching football and eating chocolate.

Waking up early to your toddler, who has learned to copy his dad, shouting, “Faif!  Faif!”

Sitting on a beach with a cup of coffee for hours.  Shedding real tears because this moment is a gift, and you have done everything not to deserve it.

This life is beautiful.

16 responses to “Norfolk, Part II”

1. diana says:

beautiful pictures, beautiful post. I love those moments when you realize how awesome life is 🙂

2. Jennifer says:

BEAUTIFUL.. pictures, words and all.. love you guys!

3. Shandrea says:

I need to disconnect from the Internet and phone for a day and enjoy life too. You have a nice way with words:)

4. Nice! Love the beach shots.

5. Kerri says:

Lovely photos. I especially like the one with the little blondie studying the starfish; you can see/feel the wonder of human intelligence at work.

6. It’s the simple things, isn’t it?

7. Your son is adorable! My two sons were very blond when they were little, too. Yes, I love your priorities: husband, son, and chocolate. ( We don’t watch football but most of us love chocolate!) – Wendy

8. ~~~S Wave~~~ says:

A truly lovely post.

9. Awesome post! I absolutely love your blog!

~ Rebecca

10. What a lovely blog, I think that photos are excellent

11. Kari Andrews says:

Love. Love. Love. The pictures are beautiful and who wouldn’t love a man selling espresso out of a van? :]

12. beautiful pictures. i love them. i follow your blog ^.^

13. This is wonderful. Something my family makes me realize every time we get together, which sadly is not often. You lead a blessed life. Especially if it includes an espresso van.

14. I’m in love with your little family! They ae so adorable and this trip looks like so much fun!! The pictures are beautiful what kind of camera did you use? My family recently went on a trip to an island off the coast of Alabama and it was so nice to not have service or wifi and just live for a few days! It really is a blessing!

15. Dina says:

I left Cley next the Sea in Norfolk yesterday and fele almost homesick when I read your words and see your lovely pictures! 😉 Gorgeous little princess.

Greetings from Bonn