Confession time: sometimes lurking on facebook serves to make me jealous of the people I stalk. I tell myself I’m just keeping up with friends, but in truth, I’m coveting:
- my old roommate’s photography skills.
- a college acquaintance’s glamorous life in Hot-lanta – not to mention her perfect facial features.
- an English friend’s tiny frame, and the wardrobe that dresses it.
- a friend-of-a-friend’s two gorgeous children – and the way she’s managed to maintain her figure, her style, and her artistic lifestyle.
- a childhood playmate’s job as the lead singer in a band.
I’m a master at thinking up excuses for checking my facebook 3 million times a day – I might have an important message, I need to upload some photos – but I’m there to stalk, and to seethe over your good fortune. I’m there to see just how many miles I need to run/clothes I need to buy/pictures of my house I need to take to keep up with the Joneses.