Today marks the two-year anniversary of my wedding to the sexiest man on earth. I will never understand how it can feel like we’ve been married forever and a mere few days, all at once. I suppose the best way to explain it is that the time has flown by, but I can’t really remember what life was like before I knew him.
A friend of mine listed 14 reasons why she loved her husband on their 14th anniversary; listing two reasons why I love Simon seems kind of dumb, so I’ve chosen the very reasonable number of ten.
So, here you go, Baby. Print these out and stick them on the mirror for those days when I’ve just given you another lecture about your toothbrush residue on the bathroom counter.
- I love Simon because he’s seen me in elastic-ankle sweatpants and still thinks I’m sexy.
- I love Simon because he doesn’t make fun of me when I forget I’m not alone and sing “O Holy Night” Mariah-style in the shower.
- I love Simon because, when I called him to tell him I’d been laid off, he said, “That’s a relief.”
- I love Simon because he physically made me buy four things in the Oxford Street TopShop when I’d spent two hours in there and came out empty-handed because I have guilt issues about spending money on myself.
- I love Simon because he loves my crazy family.
- I love Simon because he knows the value of “good PR” when it comes to my family.
- I love Simon because he makes no apologies for the fact that he has to have his hair just so.
- I love Simon because I sometimes wake up to feel his hand on my face at night and hear him whispering prayers for me.
- I love Simon because he wants to be an amazing father and, for that reason, will be.
- I love Simon because I choose to every day, because I made a promise to him and to our God that I would.
Happy Anniversary to my husband!