I turned 28 on Saturday, and have finally had to let go of the “mid-20s” I clung to so tightly while I was 27.
I’m convinced, however, that this year – my 29th – is going to be a good one. One of the biggest reasons, weighing in at 185 pounds, is the man who planned an entire day of fun for me on Saturday, including:
- birthday cake and Dunkin’ Donuts coffee (imported!) at 10am
- exploring creepy old caves buried in a hill
- lunch at a farm shop – made with local ingredients (I had the quiche.)
- trying out every sofa bed in John Lewis
- noodles for dinner
- a movie starring the man we both have a crush on: Mr. Bourne
I wore my favorite dress – plus coat and boots and scarf – designed by my friend Jenny.
We ate lunch at cute little tables, while a great big farm cat tripped around our feet.
And there he is: Love of my life, Joy of my heart…and the one who’s made every one of the past six years my best year yet.