This is going to be an exciting week on GreatSmitten. Trust me. Between today’s Obsessions, tomorrow’s coverage of my awesome TV debut, and the long overdue next installment of How to Rope An Englishman, you’re in for some good readin’.
And in the meantime, check out these things I love.
PS-I know it’s mean of me to put them on here and not tell you how to make them and, to be honest, it’s occurred to me lately how much I talk about food and how little I share my recipes with you, but that’s all going to change soon. So just hang on. Let this be a cliffhanger. Or a Blondie-hanger. Recipes are comin’.
2. This suede dress from the Kate Moss collection at TopShop. With tights and black (or brown, even) boots (or heels, even). Divine.
4. Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara. Oh my goodness. It’s probably my favorite mascara I’ve ever used, since I was 15 and started wearing mascara. And I am all about mascara now, cause when I don’t wear it, people tell me I look tired (the curse of blonde eyelashes).
5. These Star Wars pancake molds by Williams-Sonoma. I say I’m obsessed with them – what I really mean is that my husband is obsessed with them. Some friends gave them to him for his birthday back in May, and it was like he’d gotten a million bucks.
A few weeks ago I woke up early on his day off and made him a sweet breakfast of banana pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Seriously, my pancakes were awesome. But when Simon was eating them, he looked a little sad.
“You okay?” I said.
“Is something wrong?”
“No, it’s really good. Thank you. It’s just…you forgot to use my pancake molds.”
I swear, sometimes I get a glimpse of what Simon must have been like as a 5-year-old boy.
6. SouthernLiving.com. It’s not the sexiest website ever, but it reminds me of reading the magazine at my grandma’s house in the country. I also LOVE all the Southern recipes. Fried chicken? Coconut cake? Pimento cheese?
7. These cute little huts in the English countryside. Rustic and romantic – my kind of holiday.
Simon and I are going camping next week, but you’re more likely to find us in a tent than a shabby chic hut.
Hmm…that said, I’m off to make myself some grits and eggs. And maybe some Star Wars pancakes.
See you tomorrah.