I’m Bringing 30 Back

January 4, 2012

There are just nine weeks left until my 30th birthday.  I think.  I’ve never been very good at counting.  In fact, it’s very possible I’m only 28.

In the run-up to the Big 3-0, and inspired by this girl, I’ve decided to write once a week on a lesson my 20s taught me.  And there are a lot of them.

Come back tomorrow for the first of these unmissable, life-changing lessons, and please, for heaven’s sake, learn from my 20s, so that I will not have humiliated myself and made a thousand stupid mistakes in vain.

See you then!

Oh, also, if you haven’t answered my poll, go ahead and do that.

And like Great Smitten on facebook.

K?  That is all.

7 responses to “I’m Bringing 30 Back”

1. Ashely says:

30s are the best! I don’t know why I was so scared of them. Enjoy!

2. i can’t wait to glean from your wisdom.

3. Natasha says:

I just turned 20 so I can take these lessons on board and my twenties will be a breeze 😉 so glad I have you to learn from!

4. Laura Mizell says:

Hi Faith,

Loved Great Smitten today… I love Brenda too,& she inspires me as well & we’re the same age.

Happy birthday… Not sure. If you remember but my daughter shares the same birthday, she’ll be 30 on the 28th as well. Hope you’re enjoying England…All the best to you & your family this year!!

• GreatSmitten says:

Thank you Laura! My birthday is the 27th, but I do remember your daughter and I were very close. For the record, I am still shocked you’re old enough to have a daughter my age. I thought YOU were my age!

5. funnyphuppo says:

Did your feel you were 30 or “almost 30” the entire year you were 29? I think I wasted my entire 29th year this way.

6. FNB says:

Wait until you’re staring 40 in the face – what you learn in your 20s is small fry in comparison to your 30s! I feel like a lived a whole lifetime again in this decade and I still have 2 years to go. That ‘real’ confidence you are talking about – it only keeps getting better. Enjoy your birthday, celebrate getting older!