What I Brought Back

October 19, 2012

Well, that’s it.  I’ve returned from the US with a 23-month-old, some great memories, and a suitcase full of things I just couldn’t leave behind…like some reeeeally cute plastic drinking cups from Target (which should help with our dish-breaking epidemic), a few bottles of pumpkin pie spice, and a new fall wardrobe for Adlai (mostly provided by grandparents, aunts, and friends).

I also came back with this…

The bump, that is.  (And also that skirt.  Thanks again, Target.)

The baby’s been in there since July, but the bump emerged while we were in America, and as much as I love my pumpkin pie spice, it’s definitely the best thing I brought back with me.

I’m due in late March, and feeling a mixture of excitement at another little one to love, and terror at becoming a mom of two.

I’d by lying to myself if I thought none of you had suspected this, with all my talk of homesickness and food cravings.  I’ve also been known to get a bit quiet online when I’m cooking up something big in my personal life (you know, like a small business…or a new blog design…or a human being), and you’re smart cookies, so I don’t expect any of you are surprised.

Just the same, I’m excited to share this new adventure with you.  I didn’t think I could get any more smitten with this life, but I’m very ready to be proved wrong.

*photo by my dear friend Sarah Kearns

21 responses to “What I Brought Back”

1. Callie says:

Wow, you carry babies in such a lovely way, my dear friend. <3

2. Ashely says:

Oh yay! Congratulations to you, Simon and little A! I’m sure he’ll be an excellent big brother and I imagine you’ll be able to handle Mommy to Two like it’s no big deal!

3. Ashley says:

“I’ve also been known to get a bit quiet online when I’m cooking up something big in my personal life (you know, like a small business…or a new blog design…or a human being)”
    I had noticed that and missed your posts, but, certainly, “cooking up” a new human being is reason to be absent for a little while! Congratulations!

4. Congratulations to you & your family!

Blessings ~ Wendy

5. Congratulations! (and I know, Target rocks, especially for reasonably-priced, kinda cute maternity stuff!)

6. That’s wonderful! I think you’ll rock as a mother of two. I’m sending you some virtual sneakers since you’ll be running to keep up with both of them. 😉

7. Hannah King says:

Such lovely news – congratulations Faith! I had noticed your quietness in blogging lately – it’s wonderful to know the beautiful reason behind your quiet presence. Did you go to the Influence conference while you were in the States? If so, I’d love to hear about it! I would have loved to have gone but travelling there from the UK was not realistic this time, sadly. I love your Target skirt : )

8. Viki says:

Welcome back, and yey to my Friday fix of Great Smitten. I hate it when your blog goes quiet. I LOVE it when its because you’re cooking up something big! Yey to you and your bump!
    FYI, you’re due similar time as my sister-in-law and I am SOO excited to be a real-life auntie for the first time! You take care Mrs D.x
    Also, Adlai, 23 months – whaaaat?!

9. congratulations Faith…what an incredibly exciting time for you.

10. Joelle says:

Congrats Faith on your very exciting news! You are too cute!

11. mkstafford says:

Congratulations!! I’m also pregnant, due in early March with my first – a little girl.

12. Audrey says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Steve says:

Happy news, Faith. I missed reading your posts.

14. Heidi Lanni says:

So exciting – wonderful news!!!! When I go back to France, I take garlic salt and fish sauce. When I go back to the States from France, I take Chorizo sausage and soft cheese (in my checked bag, after some got confiscated for looking like plastic explosives – seems like the stinky feet smell would be a clue that it wasn’t plastic!).

15. Caitlyn says:

Yay!!! Congratulations! You and your bump are beautiful. Becoming a mom of one is actually much harder than becoming a mom or two, or three (I can’t speak for four, five, or six yet). I’m so excited for y’all!

16. Congrats! Glad you found some cool stuff in America. I’m leaving for the UK tomorrow and hope I find cool stuff on my first trip overseas.

17. Yay! What a cute outfit to show off your bump! I can’t imagine what being a mother of two will be like, but after finally meeting our little guy, I’m sure it only makes life even more richer than having one does. What a blessing.

18. jamielynne82 says:

Aww! Yay for babies and congrats!