I’ve never been a big fan of New Year’s resolutions, but there’s something about a new year that inspires me to think about what’s gone and dream about what’s coming.
I’ve always – always – spent a lot of time dreaming, and when I’ve remembered to write those dreams down, I’ve loved looking back later and seeing just how many came true. So instead of resolutions, here are a few thoughts, ideas, and dreams for 2013.
1. I’m following one of my favourite women/moms/entrepreneurs, Lara Casey, as she shares some of her knowledge about Making Things Happen. Lara inspires me, and I’m hoping to glean some of her wisdom.
2. In 2012, I started reading up and picking some of my friends’ brains about real food. That is, natural, healthy food. No “low-fat” or “no added sugar.” No processed stuff. I’ve slowly been making changes for our family, and I’m looking forward to doing more of that this year.
3. 2012 has been a great learning year for me when it comes to business. I’m looking forward to sharing some of what I’ve learned about entrepreneurship with you here, and to putting some of my revelations into practice.
4. I’m so excited about the new addition to our family. I can’t wait to welcome our little one in March, and to see Adlai become the amazing big brother I know he’s going to be.
5. I’m going to be 31 next month, and the thought of that used to make me feel really nervous. For some reason, 31 felt a lot older to me than 30 did. But now that I’m approaching it, and I can see all that God’s doing in our lives, and all that He’s been calling us to, I just feel excited about this year.
In 2012, I started my own businesses, shot my first two weddings, celebrated five years of marriage, got pregnant, celebrated my son’s second birthday, and became a small group leader with my husband.
2013, I’m so excited to hang out with you.