It’s been a long time since I blogged. I mean, a long. old. time. But let’s not get into that right now. Let’s just talk about Alex and Nathan.
These two have the most incredible story.
Three years after moving to Australia, Nathan walked into a pub and saw a beautiful girl behind the bar. When he got up the courage to talk to her, he was surprised to hear her English accent. He asked her where she was from.
“Swindon,” she said.
Swindon. The exact same town where Nathan was from. These two grew up within a couple of miles of each other, and met on the other side of the world.
That was five years ago, and they’ve been living in Australia together ever since. Until this Summer, when they flew home to get married, and to start a new life together here, in England, closer to their families.
I love a good serendipitous love story.
I also love lots of the details from Alex + Nathan’s wedding in the Orangerie at Wrest Park, like:
- Alex’s headwear – check out her AMAZING floral headpiece during the ceremony, and then her pink veil in the evening
- Nathan’s green velvet bowtie
- Their table names – all famous beaches and meaningful places to them from their life in Australia
- Alex’s INCREDIBLE long-sleeved, lace dress
- Their evening entertainment – a BeeGees tribute band, which Nathan arranged as a surprise to his best man, a huge BeeGees fan.