My babies have just started napping around the same time in the afternoon – like, two days ago – and now my computer is on the blink. Sometimes it feels like if it’s not one thing, it’s another.
But right now, they’re both asleep. And I have a computer.
So here I am, and I want to catch up with a Five Things Friday, because I haven’t done that in a while. Ready? Here we go.
1. Ellie Goulding. Namely, this song. (ps – weird video alert. But still.)
2. Everlane. I haven’t bought anything from them yet, but one of my favourite things to do right now is just go look at their website and imaginary-shop. I reeeeeally want their u-neck tees in every. single. color.
3. Super Naturally Healthy. I’m not kidding. I know Kezia and I are collaborating on this little healthy food project, but I’m honestly obsessed with her blog right now. She posts so much useful information, and healthy, delicious recipes, and I love reading her “Happy Healthy Day of Eating” posts where she documents exactly what she’s been munching on – they give me a little insight into what her diet actually consists of, and I always pick up ideas for snacks and meals.
4. Educating Yorkshire. Simon and I just watched the first episode of this real-life, documentary-style show set in a North England school last night, and I love it. The headteacher is freaking brilliant, and the kids are naughty but totally endearing. Do yourself a favour and watch the promo above all the way to the end, to see my favourite student from last night say something hilarious about her eyebrows. Kids. Ha.
5. My town. I’ve spent a whole lot of my adult life wishing I was somewhere else. When I was in college, I wanted to be in Europe; when I first lived in England, I missed North Carolina; when I lived in North Carolina, I wanted to be in England. I still have my homesick-for-America moments, but I have had an amazing summer, and I love where I live right now.
I’m content, and I’m grateful.