1. “It doesn’t look like your baby has dropped yet.” For anyone not well-versed in pregnancy speak, a baby generally “drops” (also known as engaging) just before they’re ready to be born. When a pregnant woman’s bump looks a bit lower, it can sometimes mean labour is just around the corner. However, my midwife tells me babies rarely engage before labour after a first pregnancy, so…yeah.
2. “Your bump looks a lot lower!” See above. These two observations were made on the same day.
3. “Are you sure you’ve only got one baby in there?” Yep…pretty sure. Although Adlai does keep laying his head on my belly and saying, “one baby, two babies.” Maybe he knows something I don’t.
4. “Your bump is so neat! You don’t look nine months pregnant!” Again, see above. Am I huge or not? (Don’t answer that question.) I’m so confused.
5. “Come out, Baby Dwight!” No, Baby Dwight. Please don’t. I need the weekend to wash your onesies and tidy my room. I’m happy for you to come any time after Monday, capiche? Love you. xxx