After a long absence, my obsessions are back. As you may have heard, 2011 is the Year of Seeing Things Through, and that includes keeping up with blog features.
1. Smoothies. I’ve got a blender and a freezer full of berries and I Just. Can’t. Stop.
2. This gorgeous little book – entitled Baby Dwight Takes Flight – written for Adlai by my friend Emily. And…
3. The matching owl she made for Adlai to cuddle when we read it.
4. This particular photo of me and my man. Or our respective legs.
Partly because I just love him so dang much.
And partly because it gets me all fired up to start running next month when my body has fully recovered from baby birthin’, so I can get those legs back.
5. This needlepoint my friend Sarah gave me a couple of birthdays ago. It’s hanging in my kitchen, and every time I look at it, it reminds me how much better life is when it’s simple. (Also, it’s my birthday again next week. Just sayin’.)
6. The newest addition to the Smitten family – my Nikon D5000. I’ve been saving for this baby for what seems like years and it wouldn’t have happened yet, but thanks to a very generous Christmas gift, we finally had enough to bring our dear one home three weeks ago. I’m totally smitten. And speaking of Smitten, the photo quotient on this blog is about to skyrocket.
7. Nutella slathered all over my homemade sourdough bread. Sweet mama. Not so good for the aforementioned legs, but totally good for the soul.
8. This notebook romper. (source)
9. When people say “ValenTIME’s Day.” Brilliant.
10. This t-shirt designed by my friend Michelle Smith.
She’s got a really cute one for toddlers, too!