Mi casa es su casa…and, well, not really mi casa at all.
August 21, 2008
Things I love about renting:
- I don’t have to commit.
- Someone else cuts the grass (and fixes the toilet).
- I have an excuse as to why I can’t keep my sister’s psycho cat.
Things I hate about renting:
- I freak out every time I see a scratch on the floor and have to get down on my hands and knees to examine it and make sure it happened pre-my moving in, and not post-.*
- Painting the walls is either a) prohibited or b) too much of a pain to do if I’m just going to have to re-paint it the original color in a year.**
- There are sometimes randoms walking around in my backyard because my landlady called them to come and chop down a tree.
*We’re very lucky, actually, because the hardwood floors were refinished right before we moved in, and we can tell the age of scratches based on whether or not they’ve been stained over. Very handy.
**I’ve recently discovered these removable wall decals from www.whatisblik.com and am trying to decide between this one and this one and this one.